When Nat invited me to the Reading Romances Challenge, I thought “perfect!” Not only do I primarily write paranormal romance novels, but I love to read romances across many genres. Years ago, I tried to write straight mystery/thrillers. But I just couldn’t leave out that romantic connection.
Depending on the series or genre, the romance in my novels might be of varying degrees, but I’m a sucker for a team effort on any adventure, so I’ve never really gotten completely away from the romantic elements. And looking at this team effort for reading – cool!
When I read Nat’s post that the “Reading Romances Challenge is not about the amount of books you read, but the variety of titles you’ll have read when the challenge is over!” I knew this was a great challenge for me. The primary goal is to read a bit of everything related to romance and test out genres we wouldn’t usually read.
Let’s broaden those reading horizons! 😉 If you’d like to join us on this challenge, here are the guidelines. It’s a fun thing, no pressure, but rather a great way to connect with other voracious readers.
- The 2012 Reading Romances Challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need to have a blog. Feel free to sign-up in the comments – you can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, Librarything, Shelfari etc).
- I’ll post a list of romance sub-genres and a few cool themes for you to choose from each month (you can read all of them or just a couple).
- You can list your books before reading them (by leaving a comment on the post with the topics for that month) or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, don’t feel obligated to read them, changes are welcomed!
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the Reading Romances Challenge. If you don’t have a blog, please link it to the page where you post your reviews (Goodreads, Shelfari, Amazon etc).
- You don’t have to participate every month, but please try to!
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- I will never tell you to read one specific author, but I might suggest a few titles and authors to give you some ideas.
- You can read the same author more than once and the books can be old or new, but they must be read during the course of the challenge.
- Books used in this challenge may be used in other challenges.
- Books can be in any format – paper, audio, ebook.
- Post the button to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun!
At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews for that month. If you forget, feel free to add your reviews in the following month. It can be something simple and short, please don’t worry about it!
There will also be random giveaways during the year for everyone who is actively participating on the challenge. There might be special giveaway by the end of the year for those who read all (or most of) the topics during each month.
I hope you’ll consider joining this great team of readers for a little fun and camaraderie in the reading world next year! (just click on the challenge image above to sign up)
Live the adventure!